Monday, April 8, 2013

A LOVE STORY

I spent this past weekend at the beautiful Black Rock Resort in rainy Ucluelet, where I had the honor and pleasure of standing up as Maid of Honor for my very best friend Angie! Angie and I have known each other since high school and though we were never friends until after we graduated, we became what my one of my favorite movies likes to refer to as "bossom friends".  We are so much a like it is a little scary - the only difference is that I am a brunette and she is a blonde. We share our love for the Canucks, Country music, peanut M&Ms and popcorn, just to name a few. We also have the same size feet and share a similar taste in clothes which has been more than a bonus over the years! Ha ha!

I have had the privilege of watching my best friend fall in love over the past three years with a wonderful guy named Jon. I have been there since the beginning, since the weekend she started working in the small town of Ucluelet, BC and experienced what all hopeless romantics like to call "love at first sight". And if you ask me it really was for these two. I have also had the privilege of being a part of their special day in quite a few ways...

First I got to design all of their wedding invitations and stationary...





And of course as I mentioned I was Angie's Maid of Honor.

Angie and Jon were married in the Wine Cellar at The Black Rock and it was such a romantic setting for their love story (oh and did I mention that this was a Red Serge wedding! That means you can multiply the romance by a thousand!!). The night before the wedding stormed so loud we thought the windows would blow in, but the day dawned with overcast greys skies and peaks of sunshine. She made the most beautiful and stunning bride and I wish I had more photos to share with you, but until then, here are two teasers from their fabulous photographers Mint and Lime Photography....






As well as a few more I've found on facebook...


| Vows |

| The lovely newlyweds |

| Besties for life <3 |


Now as MOH it is my job to do a speech at the reception. The problem being, as so many of you can relate I am sure, is that I hate public speaking!! So I got to thinking, if I am not good at public speaking then what am I good at...

And this is what I came up with....


| Their love story... |


I can't wait to watch the rest of their story unfold! Angie an Jon, I love you both <3


















1 comment: